A letter to the voter!

Dear Voter,

I was reading an article about Obama this morning. He has been asking voters all over the country why he should run for presidency again. He said he has been trying to be a great leader and lead the American people well, yet he gets opposition from all sides, from the Republican Party, from people who believe he is not a bona fide American and many others.

I have also been reading a lot about great leaders. It got me thinking about Ghanaian leaders. I realized that we get the leaders we deserve. Why? Because we choose based on other things apart from their leadership ability.

Before we point fingers at our leaders, for all their misdeeds can we also plead guilty? Who gave MP's their good complex? We did! We made our MP's gods in exchange for favors, money, and jobs. That’s why they have an entitlement complex.

When our tribal politicians do wrong we say our people are being targeted. We encourage our leaders to be bad leaders. We keep those corrupt, greedy politicians in power with our consent, compliance, or silence. So before we point fingers at our bad leadership ask yourself have I been their cheering squad, their critic, or a collaborator?

I admit I have been a cheerleader defending some, a critic accusing some & a collaborator by looking away or keeping silent. I am responsible for the bad leaders in this country. But I have decided never again. I am going to be a better person with better leaders. The leader I choose is a reflection of me and therefore society. So if I want better leaders I have to be a better person.

If I embrace nepotism, corruption, tribalism and all those other vices I should not expect my leaders to be a better version of me. If I embrace Justice, Fairness, Equality & Ethics among other virtues then I will look for a leader who embraces those values & lives them.

I am a leader. You are a leader. Let us lead by example. Then we can choose great leaders who lead by example. That is my challenge and your Challenge. Let me know what you think.

Sincerely,

The Citizen

Comments

Latest News

Chapter 13: Technology Integration in Instruction

We need actions not apologies!

Communique issued by Dagboŋ Traditional Council on Regional Reorganization

10 arrested as protesters besiege Gupke Naa’s palace

1 teacher, 1 laptop: KA Technology Return Policy

Popular Posts

ICT for JHS

Regular BECE ICT Pasco

Gov’t Intervenes As Court Orders Auctioning Of GHANASCO Cars



AlatiphA is an Education and Technology blog that provides quality contents on education and technology.

AlatiphA is optimized for news, ebooks, educational templates, training, learning, testing (quizing) and many more.

Tutorials, eBooks and tests are constantly reviewed to avoid errors but we cannot warrant full correctness of all contents.

While using this blog, you agree to have read and accepted our:

Disclaimer,
Terms of use
&
Privacy policy.

We're Social